Who is ESPADA?
The Emergency Service Pipes And Drums Association (ESPADA) is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization that was originally created to honor fire fighters, police, and paramedics that died in the line of duty. We have expanded to be a part of the vibrant music culture of Austin and the Central Texas area. Our band performs in parades, festivals and community events. Our performers have also been memorable parts for many people's weddings, funerals and other celebrations.
ESPADA was founded by members of the Austin Fire Dept. Pipe & Drum Corps, the Austin Police Pipes and Drum Corp, and the Georgetown Fire Dept. Pipes and Drums. As we've grown over the years, we also have members from Austin Travis County Fire/Rescue & EMS, Bryan FD, College Station FD, Corpus Christi FD, and Round Rock FD. Currently, we have over 30 performing bagpipers and drummers.
Our Mission Statement
- To provide public appreciation and support of central Texas emergency response providers, including area fire department, police departments, and emergency medical service providers.
- To preserve and promote the tradition of Pipes and Drums in emergency response service.
- To promote the appreciation of the Great Highland Bagpipes and Scottish drumming and related Celtic Arts, through pipe and drum instruction and performance in special events, parades, and funerals.
- To preserve the tradition of honoring fallen emergency public servants through traditional bagpipe funeral processions and special events.
- To support the continuing good relationship between central Texas emergency response providers and the communities they serve.